We all know exams are hard, even under normal circumstances. But throw a worldwide pandemic at an already struggling education system and you’ll meet some seriously ill-prepared students, enthusiastic, but with no safety net, let alone ‘a toolbox’ to face the hurdle of exams ahead.
Nobody was ready for the pandemic, least so our schools, specifically underprivileged schools where they do not have the infrastructure nor resources to quickly adapt to the changing landscape.
Unfortunately, this means good quality education for kids from underprivileged communities becomes virtually impossible. Even though schools have slowly been returning to a normal routine, crucial time for learning and understanding has been lost. This means for almost two years the academic future of our youth has been negatively affected.
The future for our students sounds bleak, don’t despair, PEN has a plan – and we need your help.
PEN is hosting a three month Study Camp Intensive for 70 high school students. The camp will run from Tuesday the 26th October – Wednesday 1st of December. It will consist of 30 full-time and 40 daytime campers.
We have a specific needs list, which will make the program possible, and we need sponsors to help make it happen.
Here are some possible donation points:
- R560 Sponsor a student for a week
- R200 Headphones for learning
- R140 Pens and pencils
- R80 Markers
- R75 A meal
- R40 Sanitation bottle
With 1 week of sponsoring our full-time students get:
- 7 days with unlimited wifi
- Regular, guided study sessions throughout the day
- Tutors for one-on-one study sessions
- 3 meals a day
- An on-site social worker providing emotional support and morale
- A pastor for ongoing spiritual development
- With regular breaks including physical exercise and games during the study sessions, these kids should be prepared not only to pass- but to excel at their exams!
How can you help?
Here are three easy ways to bring back hope and joy to our youth:
- Pray for them during this stressful time.
- Donate R560 (or more or less; every bit helps!)
- Share this email with a friend who would like to make a meaningful
You can help our students pass with flying colours by donating at the link below:
Or you can EFT with the following details:
Bank: ABSA BANK
Account: 0020 263 385
Branch Code: 632005
If you’d like to find out more, get in touch with Zakhele:
+27 81 592 0649
At PEN we want our students to achieve their dreams and pioneer their future. And you can help our students pass with flying colours by donating right now.